This month has been busy with some long-awaited developments.
Here is what you are up to these days.
* You are nursing 4 times a day, with your first feeding around 7am and your final feeding around 7pm. You nurse well, but are easily distracted. You get what you need and then you are ready to move on.
* You are still eating your solids well. We do oatmeal/fruit for breakfast, yellow veggie/fruit for lunch, and then green veggies/oatmeal/fruit for dinner. You finally got the pincer reflex down so you are able to pick up foods and put the in your mouth. We've been offering you soft foods from our meals when we have them. Plain Cheerios has also become a regular.
* You are still sleeping well at night. You seem like you are sleeping a little later than before, usually waking around 7am. I'd still love to shoot for 7:30am, but I'm definitely not complaining!
* You are doing well with your naps. Your morning nap is about 1.5 hours long. I usually put you down 1.5 hours after you wake up and you go down for the nap pretty easily. Your afternoon is going well too and you usually sleep around 2 hours.
* You are still wearing size 4 diapers.
* You are still wearing size 9-12 months clothes. I love seeing you in all your summer outfits.
* You are officially crawling! You are on the move and get faster every day. If you see something you want, then you won't stop until you get it. It's definitely time to baby proof the house again.
* You sit up very well, although you sometimes do face plants if you are tired. You can entertain yourself with a basket of toys, which is really nice. You still like your Exersaucer and Johny Jump Up, but not for too long. I think you like to be out and on the move, exploring the world.
* You are a very happy and content baby, unless you are overly tired or really hungry. I have people ask me all the time whether you are always so laid back. I am so blessed, but I know it could change at any minute.
* You are so interested in your siblings and love to be where they are. They love playing with you and making you laugh. Lately, Savannah has been a huge help keeping you from getting into mischief. She'll pick you right up and move you back away from wherever you aren't supposed to be.
* You finally have teeth! Your bottom two teeth finally emerged and I think it's been helping you sleep better. Right after those teeth poked through, your inconsistent naps started becoming more consistent again. I think you may be working on more teeth though because you are still drooling and love chewing things.
* You are still sucking your thumb, but I don't mind at all because it helps you self-soothe when you are tired and sleepy.
* You love clapping. When you get excited, you bounce up and down clapping your hands. It's the sweetest thing.
* * * * * *
You continue to be such a joy to our family. This has been a pretty big month for you - your teeth finally popped through and now you are officially mobile!! You are so mesmerized by the world around you and want to be on the go discovering it for yourself. Our baby is slipping away with every passing month, but I'm so excited to have a front row seat to all that God has in store for you. We love you, Davis Dude!
* * * * * *